Korea is geographically situated in a temperate climate zone at medium latitude. As a result, it has four distinct seasons. In general, spring is from March to May, summer from June to August, autumn from September to November, and winter from December to February.
And now it's that time of the year again-WINTER, where Korea turns into a winter wonderland. In winter, the days are shorter and the mountainous regions are covered with snow. Though the weather can be brutal, put on your winter coat and enjoy South Korea! There are many things to do exclusively in winter and definitely worth every single Won, and I personally LOVE LOVE WINTER KOREA!
1. Eat! Eat! Eat!
When in South Korea during winter, don't forget to warm up with the oh-so-many glorious street food! Some of them are even serve exclusively during winter only!' Savory and sweet winter street foods like bungeoppang, hotteok, baked sweet potatoes, and hoppang, just to name a few, are all-time favorite snacks for Koreans regardless of age. Live up your K-Drama fantasy of eating out from carts and stalls which can easily be spotted at every street corner. It's super cheap too!
2. Ski! Ski! Ski! Ski!!
mountainous regions in South Korea, skiing is the way to enjoy the mother nature at its best! There are many activities that can be done with the family or even among friends. Check out the offers below! Enjoy a day trip;
- 1 Day Ski/Snowboard/Snow Sled Tour: Vivaldi Park - Muslim Friendly Park too!
- 1 Day Ski/Snowboard Tour: Oak Valley Ski Resort
- 1 Day Ski/Snowboard/Free Time Tour: Bears Town Ski Resort
- 2D1N Ski/Snowboard Tour: Yongpyong Ski Resort
- 3D2N Ski/Snowboard Tour: High1 Ski Resort
- 4D3N Ski/Snowboard + Ice Fishing + Sightseeing Tour: Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort
3. Sightseeing + Winter Festivals
South Korea is a beautiful Narnia on snowing days. Enjoy trip to Nami Islands and even head off to Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival, where you make a hole in the frozen lake, catch mountain trout and get them cooked on sight. Don't forget to build the snowman, play snow fight and make your own snow angels too!
- Nami Island & Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort 1 Day Package
- Jisan Forest Ski Resort + Everland 1 Day Tour
- 2018 Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival & Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort 1 Day Package (Jan 6~28)
Don't forget to check all the promotions out and enjoy your winter vacation in South Korea!